Monday, March 30, 2009

OK March 30

Well, I'm on my new program, program 2 at volume 9, and I am not sure that it is a program that I like. So, let me explain, I have 4 programs on my implant and as I said earlier I have to switch to a new program every three days...So , my thinking of this new program, I feel like that my battery is going dead. Its hard to explain to people that dont have hearing aids but it sounds very uhh monotone. I dont have as much high frequencies as I did before or the low frequencies are counteracting the highs, not sure which. I also can't hear the /th/ sound but still hear the /sh/, /s/, and /ch/ sounds. I still need to have visuals (lipreading)to help me to understand what people are saying but its slowly getting there.

I guess I am just not that patient, if anyone knows me very well, I always set my bar high and want it NOW!! Hmmm, where did I get that from? Couldn't be my mom, my solid rock, the one person that has pushed me harder than anyone I know. So, heres what I did, I went to the library and checked out books on tape, that will help me to start to understand words while I am in my car driving to everywhere that I drive for my job. I am also listening to my favorite CD's, Brother Bear and Lion King, since i have all the songs memorized, it will help me to figure out words while deciphering the music end of it also. Hopefully, I don't throw myself into a frenzy but I think that I will be fine. There are so many other questions that I have now and need to write them down before I forget so that I can ask Allison when I see her next Friday to change all my 4 programs again. Thsi will be a process that I do for a while to get my implant where it needs to be then I add my hearing aid back to the mix. That will be fun but I'm all for it!!

Stay tuned folks, I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment