Monday, March 23, 2009

Gradually improving

OK, I am getting back to normal, slower than I want but getting there. I am still taking afternoon naps but I am getting up earlier now so I am thinking a couple more days and I will be good as new. My stitches look really good according to other people, not sure since I can't really see them so I have to trust them all which would be my husband, kids (not sure about trusting their opinion), Dawn, and Lisa. Then what will happen, I will go get my implant turned ON!, Then what, will I be tired again?

I do want you to know that taking showers is a challenge. This would be the one time that short hair would be awesome but then again long hair is awesome as well. Washing short hair would definately be easier but my long hair covers all the stitches and shave spot. It is starting to ITCH now which is driving me insane but I know that it is healing which is a good sign.

People have been asking me what I am going to do for Spring Break next week, I have been telling them "Learning to hear and listen all over again!" I will be without my hearing aid next week because the implant team want me to USE my implant to start recognizing sounds and attaching meaning to those sounds. So, I know that I will TIRED all over again but guess what? I am EXCITED for that part. I will let you all know how it goes when it gets turned on Friday. That is the next D-day for me.

So, the next round of questions are going through my head like 1. What will it sound like? 2. Will it be different? 3. Will it be hard for me figure out? 4. What do I want to hear first? 5. How will I react when I first hear something? Cry, laugh, or what?

Feelings are so hard to describe but when the tme comes I will do my best and let you all know. Thank you to everyone throughout for your support, love, and prayers. I used them all up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment