Thursday, March 5, 2009

PRE-OP INFORMATION

Howdy to all of you! I went for Pre-op today. That was an exciting process to go through. I had to be there at 2:15p.m. so I get there about 2:00p.m. I go to the reception desk first to find out where I am suppose to go since it is not really marked as to where to go. She takes all my information that took about 20 minutes to finish all the while i am standing there with Troy bumping into me for entertainment! Let me tell you, he can be worse than the kids sometimes( ok, most of the time LOL) . Then, the receptionist takes me to the Pre-admit office. So, I need to go peeee really bad so I ask where the bathroom is and the nurse in there says to wait a minute because she needs to see if I need to have a urine test done. Finally, she brings me a cup to pee in so that if they need it, they will have it. So, Troy and I sit down to wait and the receptionist for the Pre-admit asks for my name and what time I was scheduled for---guess what someone goofed! They (whoever it was) had me scheduled to come in on the same day as my surgery on the 18th of March. So, luckily they worked me in to get it done today. Boy, they do a lot more these days to get you ready for surgery. I had to have more bloodwork done (thankfully only 2 small vials, not SIX like last time), the did an EKG to check my heart or is that EEG? Anyways, my heart is fine! Then I had my appointment with Dr. Kelsall at 4:00, waited until 4:30 before I got in (without having to do another hearing test--whew!!) to see him to sign three papers signing my life over to him. Nah, just kidding all the papers for risks and all that.

Well, surgery is scheduled for 7:30a.m. on the 18th of March, but I have to be there at 5:45a.m. Are they cracked?? I don't even get up that early to get the boys to the bus for wrestling tournaments, Troy does that (what a great DAD). Therefore, to get to Swedish Hospital, we get to leave at 4:45-5:00 which means I have to get up at 4:00 to get a shower, feed my dogs (all 10 of them), and get my kids up LOL. They all want to go so we will see how grumpy they are. Probably me!!! Surgery will take about 1 1/2 -2 hours, then recovery room 1, then recovery room 2 for me to get ready to come home. The next hurdle will be activation on the 27th of March!

Stay tuned, I will write more tom. I am getting tired and need to go to bed! Thank you for all of your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment