Saturday, February 21, 2009

SHOTS

Not only did I have to get a shot, but I ended up with TWO shots!!! Maybe I should learn to keep my mouth shut! I went to see the doctor yesterday for the first time (new doctor) and he was asking me all the normal questions trying to get to know me better for the few brief minutes that he was going to see me in a long time. During this questioning and answering session, I bring up how often are you really supposed to get MMR shots? He stated that you shouldn't have to get any more booster shots for MMR, then he asks when was the last time you had a tetnus shot? I said "uuuummmmm, not sure!" Lo and behold, I got a tetnus shot the same time, in the same arm, almost in the same spot (I'm sure the nurse was having fun), what is up with that?!! Then I, as my mother always taught me when you receive something, said "Thank you." What am I doing? Thank you for my shot, I really enjoyed that, DUH. I even told her that, I can't beleive I just said thanks for a shot, she laughed and said lots of people do that and she thinks its funny. It makes her job eaiser, I suppose.

So, no more torturing until actual surgery day which is still scheduled for March 18. But I will know more on the 5th when I go for Pre-op. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment